To remind everyone the chain of events went like this:
- I found what I believe to be a bug on the system relating to next steps
- I asked support for help, I was told there was no bug everything was fine
- I asked other users in The Official Support Group to see if their systems were doing the same as mine
- Nearly all replies and PMs said their systems did it too
- My posted was deleted from the group and I was banned without explination
- Support blocked my personal email address from contacting them
- All customers received the control centre upgrade, I did not
- I asked support why I didn’t receive it and if I would receive others, I was told to write to the director
- I wrote a letter and sent it via email, in my letter I said I would have to make other users aware that updates could be withheld on the whim of the director
- Support refused to give my letter to the director and told me to “do what I wish” regarding making others aware
- I mentioned in a Facebook group I was thinking of starting a blog
- Baby’s Days changed their T&Cs so that users couldn’t create blogs or be in facebook groups that contained apparent libellous info on the company. They did not inform customers of this change.
- They emailed me a paragraph from the new terms and conditions telling me not only would the director not read my letter of complaint, but also that they had new T&Cs, which I would break if I started a review blog
- I started this blog to let others aware their systems may not qualify for an upgrade.
- Within 10 minutes my account was terminated and Baby’s Days would not return the data as per their T&Cs
I imagined the blog would be up for a few hours before they accepted that actually it was a bad idea to hold my data ransom and they they would either send me the data or restore the system. Especially given I have expressly said from the outset that I only made this blog to make others aware updates could be with held with no explanation. Bearing in mind the system has been paid for over 3.5 years at a total cost of almost £500 and this is how I have been treated.
Like I say, obviously I knew Baby’s Days would be angry, what I didn’t expect were malicious lies being spread about me by their customers, I am not sure what they are being told, but it is time to set the record straight.
One such lie is that I am telling customers to leave the company. This is categorically untrue. I have no idea how many customers Baby’s Days has but if a lot were to leave suddenly it could mean the company might fold which in turn could mean that current users of the system may lose their data.
Given that this blog is all about not losing data, it would be pretty stupid of me to advise people to leave given that I don’t know what effect this would have on the Baby’s Days and its current customers. Baby’s Days have claimed the blog continues to cause them, “serious financial loss” and if customers are leaving it is not becuase I have suggested that they leave.
I have attached a few screen shots to prove this and to put the record straight. It’s also worth mentioning that I only blog outside of minding hours, so why this blog leads people to believe I am a terrible minder I have no idea.
Tomorrow evening I’m out for a Christmas party, but pop back on Saturday at some point as I will be publishing adverts posted by user MAKUK on freelancer.com advertising for developers across the word, such as India, Sri Lanka, USA and Ukraine.
DISCLAIMER: Since Jan 1st 2015 the previously mentioned, “Official” support group endorsed by Baby’s Day was re-branded and no longer contains the word “official” and seemingly is no longer endorsed by Baby’s Days. At the time of writing this blog post the details within were 100% accurate.